Skip to Main Content
Techniques in Experimental Mechanics Applicable to Forest Products ResearchAuthor(s): Leslie H. Groom; Audrey G. Zink
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-125. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 45 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
Download Publication (1.4 MB)
DescriptionThe title of this publication-Techniques in Experimental Mechanics Applicable to Forest Products Research-is the theme of this plenary session from the 1994 Annual Meeting of the Forest Products Society (FPS). Although this session focused on experimental techniques that can be of assistance to researchers in the field of forest products, it is hoped that the techniques and findings presented are beneficial to the forest products industry as well. The presentations given during the plenary session ranged from short-term, applied research to long-term, fundamental research. Both types of research are necessary for the health and productivity of the forest products industry; applied research provides information that can be immediately implemented to improve product performance, yield, and/or reliability, while fundamental research is instrumental in product development and global competitiveness
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGroom, Leslie H.; Zink, Audrey G. 1994. Techniques in Experimental Mechanics Applicable to Forest Products Research. Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-125. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 45 p.
- Current and Future Applications of Mechanical Fasteners for Light-Frame Wood Structures: Proceedings of Mechanical Fasteners Plenary Session at the Forest Products Research Society Annual Meeting
- (Eds.) Proceedings: Mass Timber Research Workshop 2015
- National Conference on Wood Transportation Structures
XML: View XML