Skip to Main Content
Present challenges to global forests and the role of IUFROAuthor(s): John Parrotta
Source: iForest - Biogeosciences and Forestry
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Washington Office
Download Publication (357.0 KB)
DescriptionThe new IUFRO President 2019-2024 Dr. John Parrotta, US Forest Service, summarizes his vision of the present challenges to global forests and the role of the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO). This paper is drawn from his acceptance speech at the XXV IUFRO World Congress held in Curitiba, Brazil, on 29 Sept - 5 Oct 2019.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationParrotta, JA. 2019. Present challenges to global forests and the role of IUFRO. iForest - Biogeosciences and Forestry. 12(6): 488-490. https://doi.org/10.3832/ifor0066-012.
KeywordsIUFRO, global forests, forest challenges, forest science
- Adaptation of forest ecosystems to air pollution and climate change: a global assessment on research priorities
- Results of 1938 IUFRO Scotch pine provenance test in New York
- Forest products research in IUFRO history and potential
XML: View XML