Skip to Main Content
Forested wetland area and distribution: A detailed look at the SouthAuthor(s): Frederick W. Cubbage; Curtis H. Flather
Source: Journal of Forestry. 5(1): 35-40.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (407.0 KB)
DescriptionDebate over the classification, protection, and management of forested wetlands has intensified in recent years. Federal agencies have classified US wetlands in various manners, leading to frequent protests by groups favoring more or less stringent criteria. In addition, wetland issues have faced an evolving scope of federal water pollution laws applying to wetland regulation; a unified federal wetland delineation manual whose implementation was opposed by the executive branch and some members of Congress; and introduction of bills to redefine wetlands.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationCubbage, Frederick W.; Flather, Curtis H. 1993. Forested wetland area and distribution: A detailed look at the South. Journal of Forestry. 5(1): 35-40.
Keywordsforested wetland, distribution, classification, management
- Historical trends in rusty blackbird nonbreeding habitat in forested wetlands
- Irrigated agriculture and freshwater wetlands: A struggle for coexistence in the western United States
- Forestry Best Management Practices for Wetlands in Minnesota
XML: View XML