Skip to Main Content
Tylopilus griseiolivaceus sp. nov. and T. leucomycelinus (Boletaceae) revisited from the Dominican Republic within a comprehensive phylogeny of Tylopilus s. str.Author(s): Matteo Gelardi; Claudio Angelini; Federica Costanzo; Francesco Dovana; Beatriz Ortiz-Santana; Alfredo Vizzini
Source: Mycological Progress
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (3.0 MB)
DescriptionThe genus Tylopilus s. str. in the Dominican Republic is investigated. Tylopilus griseiolivaceus is introduced as a novel species based on material recorded in a neotropical montane pine woodland but also known to occur in temperate coniferous forests in southeastern USA. The Central American species T. leucomycelinus is also re-evaluated and its geographical range expanded. A detailed morphological description is provided for both species and accompanied by colour images of fresh basidiomes in habitat, line drawings of the main anatomical features and molecular support relying on a multilocus phylogenetic inference (nrITS, nrLSU (28S), rpb2 datasets). In addition, DNA was successfully isolated from the type material of T. leucomycelinus and compared with the genetic material obtained from additional neotropical samples. The taxonomic placement, ecological requirements and distribution patterns of T. griseiolivaceus and T. leucomycelinus are investigated/reviewed and their relationships with closely allied taxa in Tylopilus s. str. are elucidated and discussed. Epitypification of T. leucomycelinus is proposed herein.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGelardi, Matteo; Angelini, Claudio; Costanzo, Federica; Dovana, Francesco; Ortiz-Santana, Beatriz; Vizzini, Alfredo. 2019. Tylopilus griseiolivaceus sp. nov. and T. leucomycelinus (Boletaceae) revisited from the Dominican Republic within a comprehensive phylogeny of Tylopilus s. str. Mycological Progress. 18(8): 1039-1056. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11557-019-01513-2.
KeywordsBoletales, Tylopilus, Molecular phylogeny, Greater Antilles, Neotropical boletes, Taxonomy
- Tylopilus aquarius, comb. et stat. nov., and its new variety from Brazil
- Phylogeographic patterns of the Aconitum nemorum species group (Ranunculaceae) shaped by geological and climatic events in the Tianshan Mountains and their surroundings
- Morphological and molecular studies on Resinicium s. str.
XML: View XML