Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Wood usage trends in the furniture and fixtures industryAuthor(s): H. N. Spelter; R. N. Stone; D. B. McKeever
Source: (Research note FPL ; 0239):12 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (64 KB)
DescriptionTrends of wood use in the furniture and fixtures industry are examined. Wood consumption statistics from the 1972 Census of Manufactures are used to update prior Forest Service surveys, and separate estimates are made for 1977 consumption. A methodology for making up-to-date estimates of wood usage is also presented.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpelter, H. N.; Stone, R. N.; McKeever, D. B. 1978. Wood usage trends in the furniture and fixtures industry. (Research note FPL ; 0239):12 p.
KeywordsFurnitur, Consumptio, Industrie, Partition, Lumbe, Plywoo, Particleboard, Hardboar, Veneer, Fixture, Market shar, Public buildings
- Production and consumption of major wood products in the Lake States: perspectives and trends.
- Analysis of U.S. household wood energy consumption: 1967-2009
- On the accuracy of international forest product statistics
XML: View XML