Skip to Main Content
Estimates of herbaceous standing crop by microdensitometryAuthor(s): R. S. Driscoll; P. O. Currie; M. J. Morris
Source: In: Proceedings, 38th Annual American Society Photogrammetry Meeting; Washington, D.C.; March 12-17, 1972. Falls Church, VA: American Society Photogrammetry. p. 358-365.
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (348.0 KB)
DescriptionGreen standing herbage of seeded big bluegrass (Poa ampla) and corresponding dry weight were each regressed as dependent variables (Y) on color infrared photo image density (X) obtained from two photoscales: 1:563 and 1:3855. Standing crop biomass expressed by the linear equation: Y = a + b(X) was from the 1:563 photoscale. The coefficient of determination r2 = 0.752) between image density and harvested dry weight was highly significant (P = 0.01). The same regression using the smaller photoscale (1:3855), although significant (P = 0.05), was not as good (r2 = 0.639). Mean image density of six simulated productivity levels was significantly different (P = 0.05) among most levels of production represented in both photo scales.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDriscoll, R. S.; Currie, P. O.; Morris, M. J. 1972. Estimates of herbaceous standing crop by microdensitometry. In: Proceedings, 38th Annual American Society Photogrammetry Meeting; Washington, D.C.; March 12-17, 1972. Falls Church, VA: American Society Photogrammetry. p. 358-365.
Keywordsherbaceous standing crop, microdensitometry, big bluegrass, Poa ampla, image density, photo scales
- Effect of fertilizer on big bluegrass
- Effects of fertilizer on root strength of Sherman big bluegrass (Poa ampla Merr.)
- Chemical and physical transformations of organic aerosol from the photo-oxidation of open biomass burning emissions in an environmental chamber
XML: View XML