Skip to Main Content
Guam’s forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2013Author(s): Michelle Lazaro; Olaf Kuegler; Sharon Stanton; Ashley Lehman; Joseph Mafnas; Mikhail Yatskov
Source: Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-270. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 43 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (2.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report highlights key findings from 2013 data collected by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis program across all forested land on Guam, updating findings from data collected in 2002 that were published in Resource Bulletin PNW-RB-243. We summarize and interpret basic resource information such as estimates of forest area, stem volume, biomass, number of trees, damages to trees, and tree size distribution, as well as overstory and understory vegetation cover and information on invasive plant species presence and cover. Detailed tables and graphical highlights are included to help inform resource managers and policymakers, as well as to educate the public regarding the status and trends of their local natural resources. The appendixes provide details on inventory methods and design and include summary tables of data, with statistical errors, for the wide variety of forest characteristics inventoried.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLazaro, Michelle; Kuegler, Olaf; Stanton, Sharon; Lehman, Ashley; Mafnas, Joseph; Yatskov, Mikhail. 2020. Guam’s forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2013. Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-270. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 43 p.
KeywordsGuam, biomass, carbon, damage, forest land, inventory, vegetation, invasive plants.
- American Samoa’s forest resources: Forest inventory and analysis, 2012
- American Samoa's forest resources, 2001.
- Oregon's forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report.
XML: View XML