Skip to Main Content
Organization and differential regulation of a cluster of lignin peroxidase genes of Phanerochaete chrysosporiumAuthor(s): Philip Stewart; Daniel Cullen
Source: Journal of bacteriology. Vol. 181 (June 1999).:p. 3427-3432 : ill.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (245 KB)
DescriptionThe lignin peroxidases of Phanerochaete chrysosporium are encoded by a minimum of 10 closely related genes. Physical and genetic mapping of a cluster of eight lip genes revealed six genes occurring in pairs and transcriptionally convergent, suggesting that portions of the lip family arose by gene duplication events. The completed sequence of 1ipG and lipJ, together with previously published sequences, allowed phylogenetic and intron/exon classifications, indicating two main branches within the lip family. Competitive reverse transcription- PCR was used to assess lip transcript levels in both carbon- and nitrogen-limited media. Transcript patterns showed differential regulation of lip genes in response to medium composition. No apparent correlation was observed between genomic organization and transcript levels. Both constitutive and upregulated transcripts, structurally unrelated to peroxidases, were identified within the lip cluster.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStewart, Philip.; Cullen, Daniel. 1999. Organization and differential regulation of a cluster of lignin peroxidase genes of Phanerochaete chrysosporium. Journal of bacteriology. Vol. 181 (June 1999).:p. 3427-3432 : ill.
KeywordsPhanerochaete chrysosporium, Wood destroying fungi, Decay fungi, Lignin, Peroxidases, Genetic mapping, Genetic regulation
- Lignin peroxidase gene family of Phanerochaete chrysosporium : complex regulation by carbon and nitrogen limitation and identification of a second dimorphic chromosome
- A homokaryotic derivative of a Phanerochaete chrysosporium strain and its use in genomic analysis of repetitive elements
- Messenger RNA transcripts
XML: View XML