Skip to Main Content
Semiannual patents review, January-June 1998Author(s): Marguerite Sykes; Julie J. Blankenburg
Source: Progress in paper recycling. Vol. 8, no. 1 (Nov. 1998).:p. 54-60.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (254 KB)
DescriptionThis review summarizes patents in the area of paper recycling that appeared during the first half of 1998 in either of two on-line data bases: Derwent World Patent Index or Claims/U.S.Patents Abstracts. The information in these data bases is intended to keep readers informed about the latest equipment, chemicals, and technology in this field. The abstracts provide only a brief summary of the inventions. Readers will need to access the full texts of specific patents for complete information. The patents summarized in this review cover a broad spectrum of recycling processes, equipment, and products made with recycled fiber. Some patents deal with additives to adhesives and papermaking materials that make adhesives easier to remove during recycling. Others address the environmental impact of deinking effluents and solid waste resulting from recycling.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSykes, Marguerite.; Blankenburg, Julie J. 1998. Semiannual patents review, January-June 1998. Progress in paper recycling. Vol. 8, no. 1 (Nov. 1998).:p. 54-60.
KeywordsPatents, Recycling, Paper, Pulping, Bleaching, Deinking., Review article
- Semiannual patents review, July-December 1998
- Semiannual patents review, January — June 2001.
- Semiannual patents review, July 2001-December 2001
XML: View XML