Skip to Main Content
New species of Furculanurida (Collembola, Neanuridae, Pseudachorutinae) from the Luquillo Mountains, Puerto RicoAuthor(s): Claudia M. Ospina-Sánchez; José G. Palacios-Vargas; Grizelle González
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: International Institute of Tropical Forestry
Download Publication (903.0 KB)
Related Research Highlights
New Species of Collembola Discovered in The Luquillo Experimental Forest in Puerto Rico
DescriptionA new species of Furculanurida is described and illustrated. Furculanurida bistribus sp. nov. differs from other species of the genus by the presence of three eyes, three setae on the dens, and the white and purple coloration pattern. A key for identification of the world species of the genus is included.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOspina-Sánchez, Claudia M.; Palacios-Vargas, José G.; González, Grizelle. 2020. New species of Furculanurida (Collembola, Neanuridae, Pseudachorutinae) from the Luquillo Mountains, Puerto Rico. ZooKeys. 917: 1-13. https://doi.org/10.3897/zookeys.917.33020
KeywordsIsland, Luquillo Experimental Forest, subtropical forest, taxonomy.
- The Nearctic species of Telmaturgus (Diptera: Dolichopodidae)
- A new Caribbean species of Hylaeanura Arlé, 1966 (Collembola, Neanuridae, Pseudachorutinae)
- Three new species of the genus Acanthomastix Manunka, 1972 from United States and Poland (Acari: Dolichocybidae)
XML: View XML