Skip to Main Content
Status of Bachman's Warbler, A progress reportAuthor(s): Paul B. Hamel; Robert G. Hooper
Source: Proceedings rare and endangered wildlife symposium
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (469.0 KB)
DescriptionSystematic searches for Bachman's warbler (Vermivora bachmanii} were conducted in and near historical nesting localities in South Carolina, 1975-1978 1 and Arkansas and Missouri in 1977. None were found during 2800 hours spent searching more than 7100 ha. Searches by others have yielded similar results. Seven reports of this species were made in South Carolina during the study. Efforts to locate reported individuals failed. An additional year of searching will be conducted in South Carolina in 1979.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHamel, Paul B.; Hooper, Robert G. 1979. Status of Bachman's Warbler, A progress report. In: Proceedings rare and endangered wildlife symposium; 1978 Aug 3-4; Athens, GA : 112-121.
- Nesting Habitat of Bachman's Warbler - A review
- Swainson's warbler in South Carolina
- Bachman’s warbler, a species in peril
XML: View XML