Skip to Main Content
Quality drying in a hardwood lumber predryer : guidebook--checklistAuthor(s): E. M. Wengert; R. S. Boone
Source: (General technical report FPL ; IMP-GTR-3):32 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (243 KB)
DescriptionThe IMPROVE Lumber Drying Program is intended to increase awareness of the lumber drying system as a critical component in the manufacture of quality lumber. One objective of the program is to provide easy-to-use tools that a kiln/predryer operator can use to maintain an efficient drying operation and therefore improve lumber drying quality. This report is one component of the IMPROVE Program. It is a guidebook1checklist for quality drying in a hardwood lumber predryer that kiln/ predryer operators or owners can use to readily evaluate how well their operations rate on those factors that most strongly affect drying quality, with particular emphasis on predryer operation and maintenance and lumber handling. Appendix 1 contains a shortened version of the checklist for easy duplication and filing. Appendix 2 contains the same checklist items; however, the information is arranged by drying system components for convenience in checking individual components.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWengert, E. M.; Boone, R. S. Quality drying in a hardwood lumber predryer : guidebook--checklist. (General technical report FPL ; IMP-GTR-3):32 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
KeywordsHardwoods, Lumber, Drying quality, Kilns, Checklists., Drying, IMPROVE Lumber Drying Program
- Quality drying of hardwood lumber : guidebook -- checklist
- Quality drying of softwood lumber : guidebook - checklist
- Design and operation of a solarheated dry kiln for tropical latitudes
XML: View XML