Skip to Main Content
The fuel treatment evaluator - a silvicultural approach to reducing fire hazardAuthor(s): Wayne Shepperd; Karen Abt; R. James Barbour; Roger Fight; Robert Huggett; Patrick Miles; Elizabeth Reinhardt; Kenneth Skog
Source: In: Proceedings on driving changes in forestry; 2005 October 19-23; Fort Worth, TX: Society of American Foresters. 12 p. CD-ROM.
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (723.0 KB)
DescriptionThe Fuel Treatment Evaluator (FTE 3.0) is a web-based tool that can be used to explore the impacts of alternative thinning intensities for any forest area in the United States. This paper will explain the Stand Density Index-based prescription engine used in uneven-aged scenarios in the FTE 3.0 program and present examples of uneven-aged fuels treatment activity prescriptions that can be developed.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationShepperd, Wayne; Abt, Karen; Barbour, R. James; Fight, Roger; Huggett, Robert; Miles, Patrick; Reinhardt, Elizabeth; Skog, Kenneth. 2005. The fuel treatment evaluator - a silvicultural approach to reducing fire hazard. In: Proceedings on driving changes in forestry; 2005 October 19-23; Fort Worth, TX: Society of American Foresters. 12 p. CD-ROM.
Keywordsfuels treatment, uneven-aged management, Stand Density Index, Forest Inventory and Analysis
- Woody biomass supply from thinnings to reduce fire hazard in the U.S. West and its potential impact on regional wood markets
- SDI-Flex: a new technique of allocating growing stock for developing treatment prescriptions in uneven-aged forest stands
- Estimating Woody Biomass Supply From Thinning Treatments to Reduce Fire Hazard in the U.S. West
XML: View XML