Skip to Main Content
Future scenarios: A technical document supporting the USDA Forest Service 2020 RPA AssessmentAuthor(s): Linda L. Langner; Linda A. Joyce; David N. Wear; Jeffrey P. Prestemon; David Coulson; Claire B. O'Dea
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-412. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 34 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/RMRS-GTR-412.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (6.0 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest and Rangeland Renewable Resources Planning Act of 1974 (RPA) mandates a periodic assessment of the conditions and trends of the Nation’s renewable resources on forests and rangelands. The 2020 RPA Assessment will evaluate the future of the Nation’s renewable natural resources through 2070. This publication describes the process used to select a set of four integrated scenarios to represent a plausible span of socioeconomic and climate futures that underpin the natural resource analyses. These four scenarios, and their associated assumptions about population change, economic growth, and climate change, are also described in this document.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLangner, Linda L.; Joyce, Linda A.; Wear, David N.; Prestemon, Jeffrey P.; Coulson, David; O'Dea, Claire B. 2020. Future scenarios: A technical document supporting the USDA Forest Service 2020 RPA Assessment. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-412. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 34 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/RMRS-GTR-412
KeywordsRPA Assessment, scenarios, Representative Concentration Pathways, Shared Socioeconomic Pathways, Resources Planning Act Assessment
- Future scenarios: a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2010 RPA Assessment
- Climate scenarios and projections: A technical document supporting the USDA Forest Service 2020 RPA Assessment
- Linking global scenarios to national assessments: Experiences from the Resources Planning Act (RPA) Assessment
XML: View XML