Skip to Main Content
United States housing brief, September 2018Author(s): Delton Alderman
Source: Res. Note FPL-RN-0368. Madison, WI: US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 1-8.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionSeptember housing data were tepid, with several monthly declines in starts, permits, completions, and new single-family sales. Total private residential construction spending was minimally positive; conversely, single-family construction expenditures declined slightly on a monthly basis. All housing start data were positive on year-over-year starts. Housing under construction remained positive, except for yearly multifamily data. Single-family housing completions were negative on a month-over-month and positive on a yearly basis. Existing sales continued their stagnant trend, monthly and yearly.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlderman, Delton. 2020. United States housing brief, September 2018. Res. Note FPL-RN-0368. Madison, WI: US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 1-8.
KeywordsHousing permits, starts, under construction, completions, construction spending, new sales, existing sales, regional housing data, economic indicators
- United States housing brief, July 2018
- United States housing brief, October 2018
- United States housing brief, February 2020
XML: View XML