Skip to Main Content
Growth and Yield Estimation for Loblolly Pine in the West GulfAuthor(s): Paul A. Murphy; Herbert S. Sternitzke
Source: Res. Pap. SO-154. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 12 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: Download Publication (232 B)
DescriptionAn equation system is developed to estimate current yield, projected basal area, and projected volume for merchantable natural stands on a per-acre basis. These estimates indicate yields that can be expected from woods-run conditions.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMurphy, Paul A.; Sternitzke, Herbert S. 1979. Growth and Yield Estimation for Loblolly Pine in the West Gulf. Res. Pap. SO-154. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 12 p.
- A simultaneous growth and yield model for loblolly pine
- Calibrating a growth-and-yield model for loblolly pine in the Misiones/Paraná Region of South America—an overview
- Potential Impacts of Increased Management Intensities on Planted Pine Growth and Yield and Timber Supply Modeling in the South
XML: View XML