Skip to Main Content
National Advanced Silviculture Program Region 9 local Lake States moduleAuthor(s): Marcella Windmuller-Campion; Eli Sagor; Madison Rodman; Carrie Sweeney
Source: In: Pile, Lauren S.; Deal, Robert L.; Dey, Daniel C.; Gwaze, David; Kabrick, John M.; Palik, Brian J.; Schuler, Thomas M., comps. The 2019 National Silviculture Workshop: a focus on forest management-research partnerships. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-193. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 155-157.
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (72.0 KB)
DescriptionThe National Advanced Silviculture Program (NASP) is composed of four national modules and one regional or local module. The University of Minnesota hosted the Lake States Regional Module in 2018. We implemented changes to how the program was offered, including broadening the participant pool and shifting the delivery method. Broadening the participation pool allowed for greater collaboration among agencies. The blended delivery method, half online and half in-person, reduced costs, reduced length of travel for participants, and made resources such as reports, documents, maps, more easily accessible in participants’ offices. We utilized multiple methods of active learning during the online sessions and focused on field activities and field trips when meeting in person. Overall, participants gave high ratings to the 2018 offering both in terms of content and effective delivery.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWindmuller-Campion, Marcella; Sagor, Eli; Rodman, Madison; Sweeney, Carrie. 2020. National Advanced Silviculture Program Region 9 local Lake States module. In: Pile, Lauren S.; Deal, Robert L.; Dey, Daniel C.; Gwaze, David; Kabrick, John M.; Palik, Brian J.; Schuler, Thomas M., comps. The 2019 National Silviculture Workshop: a focus on forest management-research partnerships. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-193. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 155-157. https://doi.org/10.2737/NRS-GTR-P-193-paper21.
Keywordssilviculture, online teaching, active learning, continuing education, blended classroom
- National Advanced Silviculture Program: A panel discussion
- Increasing walking at the C&O Canal National Historical Park: an intervention focused on local employees
- Institutional influences on the provision of after-school nature programs
XML: View XML