Skip to Main Content
Guidelines for evaluating air pollution impacts on wilderness within the Rocky Mountain Region: Report of a workshop, 1990Author(s): Dennis Haddow; Robert Musselman; Tamara Blett; Richard Fisher
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-4. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 31 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (285.69 KB)
DescriptionThis document is the product of an ongoing effort begun at a 4-day workshop sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Region of the USDA Forest Service, held in December 1990 in Estes Park, Colorado. Workshop participants gathered in groups to work on pollution impacts in three specific areas: aquatic ecosystems; terrestrial ecosystems; and visibility. Because the groups met separately and subsequently worked independently, the reports they generated differ considerably in format and style. They all focus, however, on providing the Forest Service with information that may be used to identify and develop sensitive receptors and limits of acceptable change for assessing air pollution impacts on air quality-related values in wildernesses within the Rocky Mountain Region of the Forest Service. The reports also address needs and recommendations relating to modeling or predictive techniques, monitoring, and research.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaddow, Dennis; Musselman, Robert; Blett, Tamara; Fisher, Richard 1998. Guidelines for evaluating air pollution impacts on wilderness within the Rocky Mountain Region: Report of a workshop, 1990. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-4. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 31 p.
Keywordsair quality, air pollution, wilderness, aquatics, visibility
- Guidelines for evaluating air pollution impacts on class I wilderness areas in the Pacific Northwest.
- Applying Knowledge-Based Methods to Design and Implement an Air Quality Workshop
- National strategic plan: modeling and data systems for wildland fire and air quality.
XML: View XML