Skip to Main Content
Mutualism and Antagonism: Ecological Interactions Among Bark Beetles, Mite and FungiAuthor(s): K.D. Klepzig; J.C. Moser; M.J. Lombardero; M.P. Ayres; R.W. Hofstetter; C.J. Walkinshaw
Source: In: Biotic Interactions in Plant-Pathogen Associations; Jeger, M.J. and Spence, N.J. eds.; CAB international 2001.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.5 MB)
DescriptionInsect-fungal complexes provide challenging and fascinating systems for the study of biotic interactions between plants. plant pathogens, insect vectors and other associated organisms. The types of interactions among these organisms (mutualism. antagonism. parasitism. phoresy. etc.) are as variable as the range of organisms involved (plants, fungi, insects. mites. etc.). We focus on bark beetles and their associated organisms. in particular, on the relationship between the southern pine beetle and its associates in coniferous trees of the southern USA. We begin, however, with an attempt to clearly define the terms we use to describe these relationships.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKlepzig, K.D.; Moser, J.C.; Lombardero, M.J.; Ayres, M.P.; Hofstetter, R.W.; Walkinshaw, C.J. 2001. Mutualism and Antagonism: Ecological Interactions Among Bark Beetles, Mite and Fungi. In: Biotic Interactions in Plant-Pathogen Associations; Jeger, M.J. and Spence, N.J. eds.; CAB international 2001.
- Plant host finding by parasitic plants: A new perspective on plant to plant communication
- Parasitism by Cuscuta pentagona attenuates host plant defenses against insect herbivores
- The Role of Drought in Outbreaks of Plant-eating Insects
XML: View XML