Skip to Main Content
Using boron rods as a source for dual treatmentAuthor(s): Mark E. Mankowski; Matthew Konkler; Craig Bell; Grant Kirker; Jeffery Morrell; James Renfroe
Source: CROSSTIES. May/June 2020. 2 p.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionSummary of presentation given at the RTA annual meeting in 2019. The presentation discussed the use of born rods as a form of passive dual treatment for borate/creosote treated ties/timbers.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMankowski, Mark. E.; Konkler, Matthew; Bell, Craig; Kirker, Grant; Morrell, Jeffery; Renfroe, James. 2020. Using boron rods as a source for dual treatment. CROSSTIES. May/June 2020. 2 p.
KeywordsBoron rods, diffusion, dual treatment, creosote, cross ties, bridge timbers
- Back from the Future: The Backcasting Wheel for Mapping a Pathway to a Preferred Future
- Proceedings of the 20th Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference
- Montana’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2014: Part I: Timber Harvest, Products and Flow
XML: View XML