Skip to Main Content
The forests of the Green Mountain StateAuthor(s): Eric H. Wharton; Richard H. Widmann; Charles H. Barnett; Thomas S. Frieswyk; Andrew J. Lister; Bob DeGeus
Source: Resour. Bull. NE-158. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 25 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
View PDF (3.01 MB)
DescriptionA report on the fifth forest inventory of Vermont conducted in 1996-98 by the Forest Inventory and Analysis unit of the Northeastern Research Station. Explains the current condition and changes from previous inventories for forest area, timber volume, biomass, growth and removals, and harvesting. Graphics depict data at the state and geographic-unit level and, where appropriate, by biophysical region and county.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWharton, Eric H.; Widmann, Richard H.; Barnett, Charles H.; Frieswyk, Thomas S.; Lister, Andrew J.; DeGeus, Bob. 2003. The forests of the Green Mountain State. Resour. Bull. NE-158. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 25 p.
Keywordsforest inventory, volume, biomass, growth and removals, Vermont
- The forests of Connecticut
- The U.S. forest carbon accounting framework: stocks and stock change, 1990-2016
- Tree migration detection through comparisons of historic and current forest inventories
XML: View XML