Skip to Main Content
Fossil Creek Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive River Management Plan: Geology reportAuthor(s): Polly Haessig; Steven Overby
Source: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Coconino National Forest, Red Rock Ranger District; Tonto National Forest, Payson Ranger District. 33 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report focuses on the dynamic geologic processes that affect a travertine system within the Fossil Creek Wild and Scenic River (WSR) corridor, and the geologic hazards and mineral potential within the larger watersheds to assist in the establishment of management directions and site-specific improvements for protecting and enhancing river values of Fossil Creek. The National Wild and Scenic Rivers Act created by Congress in 1968 is notable for protecting the special character of designated rivers, and identifying appropriate use and development that does not adversely affect those special characters. The development of a long-range management plan, Fossil Creek Comprehensive River Management Plan (Fossil Creek CRMP), will result in revisions to the Land and Resource Management Plan for both the Coconino and Tonto National Forests.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaessig, Polly; Overby, Steven. 2018. Fossil Creek Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive River Management Plan: Geology report. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Coconino National Forest, Red Rock Ranger District; Tonto National Forest, Payson Ranger District. 33 p.
KeywordsFossil Creek Wild and Scenic River (WSR), wild and scenic rivers, comprehensive river management plans, draft environmental impact statements, NEPA, geology, corridor
- Fossil Creek Wild and Scenic River: Draft Comprehensive River Management Plan
- Fossil Creek Wild and Scenic River: Draft environmental impact statement for the Comprehensive River Management Plan
- Caring for a wild and scenic river
XML: View XML