Skip to Main Content
Ground sprayer designs for forestry applicationsAuthor(s): James H. Miller; Qiu Zhongze; D.L. Sirois
Source: In: Proceedings, 38th Annual Meeting Southern Weed Science Society: 1985 January 14-16; Houston, TX. [Champaign, IL]: Southern Weed Science Society. 271-282.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (256 KB)
DescriptionThree herbicide spraying systems were designed, constructed, and field tested in cooperation with the-USDA Forest Service,.Georgia Forestry Commission, and Scott Paper Company. One system was designed to mount on wildland tree planting machines for applying banded treatments for herbaceous weed control. This system consisted of a top mounted 50-gal tank and a small electric pump along with a regulator and strainer. The second spraying system was mounted on a small crawler tractor and was used for spraying low brush and kudzu, A 250 gal space-saver poly-tank, a hydraulicly driven pump and a cluster nozzle were the main components. The third system was skidder-imounted and used a 600 gal mild steel tank, a gasoline powered pump, and 22-tip nozzle manifold for high production work. Both tractor-mounted sprayers injected herbicides into the water stream relative to ground speed to yield uniform application rates. Application costs appear to be favorable for treatment of small tracts, sensitive areas, and around the margins of aerially treated units.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiller, James H.; Zhongze, Qiu; Sirois, D.L. 1985. Ground sprayer designs for forestry applications. In: Proceedings, 38th Annual Meeting Southern Weed Science Society: 1985 January 14-16; Houston, TX. [Champaign, IL]: Southern Weed Science Society. 271-282.
- Kudzu eradication trials testing fifteen herbicides
- Herbicide Tests For Kudzu Eradication
- Kudzu: Where did it come from? And how can we stop it?
XML: View XML