Skip to Main Content
Forest resources of the United States, 1992Author(s): Douglas S. Powell; Joanne L. Faulkner; David R. Darr; Zhiliang Zhu; Douglas W. MacCleery
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-GTR-234, Rev. 1994. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 132 p. + map.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station
Download Publication (9.3 MB)
DescriptionThe 1987 Resources Planning Act (RPA) Assessment forest resources statistics are updated to 1992, to provide current information on the Nation's forests. Resource tables present estimates of forest area, volume, mortality, growth, removals, and timber products output. Resource data are analyzed, and trends since 1987 are noted. A forest type map produced from satellite imagery is included to provide a visual display of the location of forest land. Map (PDF - 610 K)
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPowell, Douglas S.; Faulkner, Joanne L.; Darr, David R.; Zhu, Zhiliang; MacCleery, Douglas W. 1993. Forest resources of the United States, 1992. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-GTR-234, Rev. 1994. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 132 p. + map.
KeywordsRPA, assessment, inventory, forest statistics, area, volume, forest history, AVHRR, map
- Forest Resources of the United States, 1997
- Forest Resources of the United States, 2002
- Forest statistics of the United States, 1992 metric units.
XML: View XML