Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Sustainable production of wood and non-wood forest products: Proceedings of IUFRO Division 5 Research Groups 5.11 and 5.12, Rotorua, New Zealand, March 11–15, 2003.Author(s): E.M. Donoghue; G.L. Benson; J.L. Chamberlain
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-604. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 120 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (2.02 MB)
DescriptionThis proceedings is a collection of 18 papers and extended abstracts based on talks presented at the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) All Division 5 Conference, held in Rotorua, New Zealand, March 11–15, 2003. This conference emphasized the many ways that forest products research can contribute to sustainable choices in forest management. The two IUFRO Research Groups represented in this proceedings are the Sustainable Production of Forest Products Research Group (5.12) and the Non-wood Forest Products Research Group (5.11). The papers address many aspects of wood and non-wood forest products including: forest management; product development; economic development implications; local, national, and international protocols; assessments; and research strategies.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDonoghue, E.M.; Benson, G.L.; Chamberlain, J.L., tech. coords. 2004. Sustainable production of wood and non-wood forest products: Proceedings of IUFRO Division 5 Research Groups 5.11 and 5.12, Rotorua, New Zealand, March 11–15, 2003. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-604. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 120 p
KeywordsForest products, non-timber forest products, non-wood products, sustainable forest management, wood products
- Sustainable production of wood and non-wood forest products
- Forest products research in IUFRO history and potential
- Productivity of Western forests: a forest products focus.
XML: View XML