Skip to Main Content
An analysis of ratings: A guide to RMRATEAuthor(s): Thomas C. Brown; Terry C. Daniel; Herbert W. Schroeder; Glen E. Brink
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-195. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 40 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station
Download Publication (550 B)
DescriptionThis report describes RMRATE, a computer program for analyzing rating judgments. RMRATE scales ratings using several scaling procedures, and compares the resulting scale values. The scaling procedures include the median and simple mean, standardized values, scale values based on Thurstone's Law of Categorical Judgment, and regression-based values. RMRATE also computes reliability statistics and analyzes the ratings using principal component analysis techniques to assess variation among judges. RMRATE should be useful to practitioners needing to summarize or analyze rating data, and to researchers interested in comparing and evaluating alternative scaling methods.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBrown, Thomas C.; Daniel, Terry C.; Schroeder, Herbert W.; Brink, Glen E. 1990. An analysis of ratings: A guide to RMRATE. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-GTR-195. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. 40 p.
KeywordsRatings, psychological scaling, reliability, judgment scaling model
- Scaling of ratings: Concepts and methods
- Value of Defect Information in Automated Hardwood Edger and Trimmer Systems
- Computer assisted yarding cost analysis.
XML: View XML