Skip to Main Content
Control Variate Estimators of Survivor Growth from Point SamplesAuthor(s): Francis A. Roesch; Paul C. van Deusen
Source: Forest Science, Vol. 39, No. 1, February 1993. p. 66-77
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
PDF: Download Publication (266 KB)
DescriptionTwo estimators of the control variate type for survivor growth from remeasured point samples are proposed and compared with more familiar estimators. The large reductionsin variance, observed in many cases forestimators constructed with control variates, arealso realized in thisapplication. A simulation study yielded consistent reductions in variance which were often 50% and occasionally over 70%.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRoesch, Francis A., Jr.; van Deusen, Paul C. 1993. Control Variate Estimators of Survivor Growth from Point Samples. Forest Science, Vol. 39, No. 1, February 1993. p. 66-77
- A comparison of selection at list time and time-stratified sampling for estimating suspended sediment loads
- Heritability construction for provenance and family selection
- Taxonomy and remote sensing of leaf mass per area (LMA) in humid tropical forests
XML: View XML