Skip to Main Content
Compatible Basal Area and Number of Trees Estimators from Remeasured Horizontal Point SamplesAuthor(s): Francis A. Roesch; Edwin J. Green; Charles T. Scott
Source: Forest Science,Vol. 37, No. 1, pp.136-145.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (249 KB)
DescriptionCompatible groups of estimators for total value at time 1 (V1), survivor growth (S), and ingrowth (I) for use with permanent horizontal point samples are evaluated for the special cases of estimating the change in both the number of trees and basal area. Caveats which should be observed before any one compatible grouping of estimators is chosen for a particular application are given.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationRoesch, Francis A., Jr.; Green, Edwin J.; Scott, Charles T. 1989. Compatible Basal Area and Number of Trees Estimators from Remeasured Horizontal Point Samples. Forest Science,Vol. 37, No. 1, pp.136-145.
KeywordsPoint sampling, forest growth, forest inventory
- New Compatible Estimators for Survivor Growth and Ingrowth from Remeasured Horizontal Point Samples
- Toward Robust Estimation of the Components of Forest Population Change
- Incompatibility groups among North American populations Laetiporus sulphureus sensu lato
XML: View XML