Skip to Main Content
Seed and soil dynamics in shrubland ecosystems: proceedings; 2002 August 12-16; Laramie, WYAuthor(s): Ann L. Hild; Nancy L. Shaw; Susan E. Meyer; D. Terrance Booth; E. Durant McArthur
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-31. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 216 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (3.26 MB)
DescriptionThe 38 papers in this proceedings are divided into six sections; the first includes an overview paper and documentation of the first Shrub Research Consortium Distinguished Service Award. The next four sections cluster papers on restoration and revegetation, soil and microsite requirements, germination and establishment of desired species, and community ecology of shrubland systems. The final section contains descriptions of the field trips to the High Plains Grassland Research Station and to the Snowy Range and Medicine Bow Peak. The proceedings unites many papers on germination of native seed with vegetation ecology, soil physiochemical properties, and soil biology to create a volume describing the interactions of seeds and soils in arid and semiarid shrubland ecosystems.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHild, Ann L.; Shaw, Nancy L.; Meyer, Susan E.; Booth, D. Terrance; McArthur, E. Durant. 2004. Seed and soil dynamics in shrubland ecosystems: proceedings; 2002 August 12-16; Laramie, WY. Proc. RMRS-P-31. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 216 p.
Keywordswildland shrubs, seed, soil, restoration, rehabilitation, seed bank, seed germination, biological soil crusts
- Proceedings: Shrubland dynamics -- fire and water
- Shrubland ecosystem genetics and biodiversity: proceedings
- Proceedings of the 15th wildland shrub symposium; June 17-19, 2008; Bozeman, MT
XML: View XML