Skip to Main Content
New Collection Records and Host Range of the Cottonwood Leafcurl Mite, Tetra Loblulifera (Keifer) (Acari: Eriophyidae), in the USAAuthor(s): David R. Coyle; James Q. Amrine
Source: Intemat. J. Acarol Vol. 30, No. 1, p. 3-8
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (716 KB)
DescriptionThe cottonwood leafcurl mite, Aculops lobuliferus Keifer, 1961, is renamed as Tetra lobulifera (Keifer). This eriophyid mite is capable of inflicting substantial damage on plantation- and native-grown cottonwoods (Populus spp.). We report new State and County collection records from the eastern and northwestern U.S.A. as well as new host records, including Populus grandidentata Michx. (big-tooth aspen), for this pest. This updates the established geographic range of T. lobulifera, and demonstrates its ability to utilize other host plants in the genus Populus for development.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCoyle, David R.; Amrine, James Q., Jr. 2004. New Collection Records and Host Range of the Cottonwood Leafcurl Mite, Tetra Loblulifera (Keifer) (Acari: Eriophyidae), in the USA. Intemat. J. Acarol Vol. 30, No. 1, p. 3-8
KeywordsAtari, Eriophyidae, cottonwood leafcurl mite, distribution, Populus, Tetra lobulifera, USA
- Evaluation of experimental design and computational parameter choices affecting analyses of ChIP-seq and RNA-seq data in undomesticated poplar trees.
- Genetic architecture of quantitative Melampsora larici-populina leaf rust resistance in poplars (Populus spp.)
- Effect of Alnus glutinosa on hybrid populus growth and soil nitrogen concentration in a mixed plantation
XML: View XML