Wilderness science in a time of change conference-Volume 1: Changing perspectives and future directions; 1999 May 23-27; Missoula, MTAuthor(s): David N. Cole; Stephen F. McCool; Wayne A. Freimund; Jennifer O'Loughlin
Source: Proceedings RMRS-P-15-VOL-1. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 63 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.3 MB)
DescriptionTen papers presented as plenary talks at the conference, "Wilderness Science in a Time of Change," are included. Topics include: the influence of global change on wilderness and its management; contemporary criticisms and celebrations of the wilderness idea; the capacity of science to meet the challenges and opportunities wilderness presents; wilderness in relation to biological conservation and the human experience of wilderness; and fundamental dilemmas of wilderness management.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCole, David N.; McCool, Stephen F.; Freimund, Wayne A.; O''Loughlin, Jennifer. 2000. Wilderness science in a time of change conference-Volume 1: Changing perspectives and future directions; 1999 May 23-27; Missoula, MT. Proceedings RMRS-P-15-VOL-1. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 63 p.
Keywordsconservation biology, global change, societal change, technology, trends, wilderness management
- Global change and wilderness science
- Global change in wilderness areas: disentangling natural and anthropogenic changes
- Changing human relationships with nature: making and remaking wilderness science
XML: View XML