Wilderness science in a time of change conference-Volume 2: Wilderness within the context of larger systems; 1999 May 23-27; Missoula, MTAuthor(s): Stephen F. McCool; David N. Cole; William T. Borrie; Jennifer O'Loughlin
Source: Proceedings RMRS-P-15-VOL-2. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (9.0 MB)
DescriptionThirty-eight papers related to the theme of wilderness in the context of larger systems are included. Three overview papers synthesize existing knowledge and research about wilderness economics, relationships between wilderness and surrounding social communities, and relationships between wilderness and surrounding ecological communities and processes. Other papers deal with wilderness meanings and debates; wilderness within larger ecosystems; and social, economic, and policy issues.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcCool, Stephen F.; Cole, David N.; Borrie, William T.; O''Loughlin, Jennifer. 2000. Wilderness science in a time of change conference-Volume 2: Wilderness within the context of larger systems; 1999 May 23-27; Missoula, MT. Proceedings RMRS-P-15-VOL-2. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station.
Keywordsboundaries, ecological disturbance, ecosystem management, regional analysis, wilderness economics, wilderness perception
- Changing human relationships with nature: making and remaking wilderness science
- Linking wilderness research and management-volume 2. Defining, managing, and monitoring wilderness visitor experiences: an annotated reading list
- Action toward wilderness protection in Australia
XML: View XML