Wilderness science in a time of change conference-Volume 3: Wilderness as a place for scientific inquiry; 1999 May 23-27; Missoula, MTAuthor(s): Stephen F. McCool; David N. Cole; William T. Borrie; Jennifer O'Loughlin
Source: Proceedings RMRS-P-15-VOL-3. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 275 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (4.0 MB)
DescriptionThirty-six papers related to the theme of wilderness as a place to conduct science are included. Five overview papers synthesize knowledge and research about basic work in the biophysical and social sciences that has been conducted in wilderness. Other papers present the results of focused basic research in wilderness, with one set of papers devoted to the conduct and management of science in wilderness.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcCool, Stephen F.; Cole, David N.; Borrie, William T.; O''Loughlin, Jennifer. 2000. Wilderness science in a time of change conference-Volume 3: Wilderness as a place for scientific inquiry; 1999 May 23-27; Missoula, MT. Proceedings RMRS-P-15-VOL-3. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 275 p.
Keywordslandscape ecology, paleoecology, populations, therapeutic experiences, visitor experiences, wilderness benefits, wildlife
- Paleontological excavations in designated wilderness: theory and practic
- Benefits of nonfacilitated uses of wilderness
- The Aldo Leopold Wilderness Research Institute: a national wilderness research program in support of wilderness management
XML: View XML