Skip to Main Content
Aerial photo guide to New England forest cover typesAuthor(s): Rachel Riemann Hershey; William A. Befort
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-195. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 70 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (18.96 MB)
DescriptionNOTE large file size. Presents color infrared photos in stereo pairs for the identification of New England forest cover types. Depicts range maps, ecological relations, and range of composition for each forest cover type described. The guide is designed to assist the needs of interpreters of medium to large-scale color infrared aerial photography.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRiemann Hershey, Rachel; Befort, William A. 1995. Aerial photo guide to New England forest cover types. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-195. Radnor, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Forest Experiment Station. 70 p.
Keywordsphoto interpretation, forest cover type identification, aerial photography, color infrared, forest cover types
- Assessing species variation within forest cover types delineated using color-infrared aerial photographs
- Associations between breeding bird abundance and stand structure in the White Mountains, New Hampshire and Maine, USA
- Area changes for forest cover types in the United States, 1952 to 1997, with projections to 2050.
XML: View XML