Skip to Main Content
A concession system for public forests in "Mata Atlantica" Dominium, BrazilAuthor(s): Jorge Paladino Corrêa de Lima; Josh McDaniel
Source: Floresta e Ambiente, Vol. 9, No. 1, p. 176-180
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (239 KB)
DescriptionPolitical and administrative limitations are real factors for a Management System for National Forest in Brazil, but some actions needs to be achieve. The concession system is economically feasible to create and manage National Forest in Atlantic area for sustainable timber production under actual wood world market condition. Brazil National Forest needs to be protected under correct management system. Our proposal is that a Concession System be implemented immediately for all Forest area in Atlantic basin as well as creating new areas for timber production to protect and multiply Atlantic Forest Species.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationde Lima, Jorge Paladino Corrêa; McDaniel, Josh. 2002. A concession system for public forests in "Mata Atlantica" Dominium, Brazil. Floresta e Ambiente, Vol. 9, No. 1, p. 176-180
KeywordsAtlantic Forest. concession system. national Forest
- Forest policy reform in Brazil
- Landscape Conservation and Social Tension in the Brazilian Atlantic Forest: Challenges for Implementing Sustainability
- LBA-ECO TG-07 Ground-based Biometry Data at km 83 Site, TapajosNational Forest: 1997
XML: View XML