Skip to Main Content
National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2003Author(s): Lee E. Riley; Kas Dumroese; Thomas D. Landis
Source: Proc. RMRS-P-33. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 156 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis proceedings is a compilation of 30 papers that were presented at the regional meetings of the Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations in the United States in 2003. The Western Forest and Conservation Nursery Association meeting was held at the Coeur d'Alene Inn in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, June 9 to 12. The meeting was hosted by the USDA Forest Service, Coeur d'Alene Nursery. Morning technical sessions were followed by field trips to Coeur d'Alene Nursery, restoration outplantings on the Coeur d'Alene Indian Reservation, and Plants of the Wild Nursery. The Northeastern Forest and Conservation Nursery Association meeting occurred July 14 to 17 at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Springfield, Illinois. The meeting was hosted by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Mason State Nursery. In addition to technical sessions, a tour of the Mason State Nursery was included. Subject matter for both sessions included nursery culturing, harvesting, and storage; fertilization; seed transfer, collection, and processing; and native species propagation.
Publications Web Site:
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRiley, Lee E.; Dumroese, R. Kasten; Landis, Thomas D. 2004. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2003. Proc. RMRS-P-33. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 156 p.
Keywordsbareroot nursery, container nursery, nursery practices, fertilization, pesticides, seeds, reforestation, restoration, plant propagation, native plants, tree physiology, hardwood species
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2005
- National proceedings: forest and conservation nursery associations-1999, 2000, and 2001
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2002
XML: View XML