Skip to Main Content
Oustar: A Premixed Blend of Velpar DF+Oust XP For Herbaceous Weed Control and Enhanced Loblolly Pine Seedling PerformanceAuthor(s): Jimmie L. Yeiser; Andrew W. Ezell
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–71. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. pp. 330-335
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (155 KB)
DescriptionSix tests were established comparing the herbaceous weed control (HWC) and resultant loblolly pine (Pinus taeda L.) seedling performance from treatments of Oustar (0, 10, 13, 16, 19 ounces product acre-1), and industry standards (Velpar L+Oust 32+2; Arsenal+Oust 4+2 both in ounces product acre-1). Sites were prepared prior to planting with: burn only, chemical only, mechanical only, or mechanical and chemical methods. Oustar (13 ounces) and industry standards provided similar weed control and seedling performance. The low rate (10 ounces) of Oustar applied to sandy loam soils receiving chemical preparation and plowing prior to planting provided bareground comparable to industry standards. When averaged across test sites, herbicide plots consistently had more bareground than untreated plots by nearly 2x 30 days after treatment (DAT), 3x 60 DAT, 4x 90 DAT, and 5x 120 DAT. Similarly, herbicide plots had more seedling survival (9 percent), total height (0.69 feet), ground line diameter (0.26 inch), and volume index (1.54 cubic feet) than untreated plots.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationYeiser, Jimmie L.; Ezell, Andrew W. 2004. Oustar: A Premixed Blend of Velpar DF+Oust XP For Herbaceous Weed Control and Enhanced Loblolly Pine Seedling Performance. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS–71. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. pp. 330-335
- Addition of Sulfometuron Methyl to Fall Site Preparation Tank Mixes Improves Herbaceous Weed Control
- Weed Control and Seedling Performance Using Oust, Velpar, and Velpar+Oust Impregnated Diammonium Phosphate
- Herbaceous weed control in loblolly pine plantations using flazasulfuron
XML: View XML