Skip to Main Content
Kudzu-Goat Interactions--A Pilot StudyAuthor(s): C. Bonsi; E. Rhoden; A. Woldeghebriel; P. Mount; S. Solaiman; R. Noble; G. Paris; Charles McMahon; H. Pearson; B. Cash
Source: In: Solaiman, Sandra G.; Hill, Walter A. eds. Using Goats to Manage Forest Vegetation, A Regional Inquiry. Tuskegee, AL: Tuskegee University Agricultural Experiment Station: 84-88.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (37 KB)
DescriptionThe production and processing of forest products is a major industry in the State of Alabama. Current weed management and control practices rely heavily on the use of herbicides. With the risk of soil and water pollution associated with the use of some agricultural chemicals, the continuing use of such chemicals may become hazardous to human health. The need for developing integrated weed control methods with less use of herbicides can therefore not be overemphasized. One of the most aggressive competitive vegetations in southeastern forestlands is kudzu. The dominance of kudzu on over a million acres of forestland has made potentially valuable pine-producing land unusable. The most common control method is the use of chemicals.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBonsi, C.; Rhoden, E.; Woldeghebriel, A.; Mount, P.; Solaiman, S.; Noble, R.; Paris, G.; McMahon, Charles; Pearson, H.; Cash, B. 1992. Kudzu-Goat Interactions--A Pilot Study. In: Solaiman, Sandra G.; Hill, Walter A. eds. Using Goats to Manage Forest Vegetation, A Regional Inquiry. Tuskegee, AL: Tuskegee University Agricultural Experiment Station: 84-88.
- Natural and human dimensions of a quasi-wild species:the case of kudzu
- Kudzu -- Goat Interactions
- Kudzu in Alabama History, Uses, and Control
XML: View XML