Skip to Main Content
Washington's public and private forests.Author(s): Charles L. Bolsinger; Neil McKay; Donald FL Gedney; Carol Alerich
Source: Res. Bull. PNW-RB-218. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 144 p
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (4.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report summarizes and analyzes 1988-91 timber inventories of western and eastern Washington. These inventories were conducted on all private and public lands except National Forests. Timber resource statistics from National Forest inventories also are presented. Detailed tables provide estimates of forest area, timber volume, growth, mortality, and harvest. Data on change are presented by using comparable statistics from previous inventories, and historical records.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBolsinger, Charles L.; McKay, Neil; Gedney, Donald FL; Alerich, Carol. 1997. Washington''s public and private forests. Res. Bull. PNW-RB-218. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 144 p
KeywordsForest surveys, forest inventory, statistics (forest), timber resources, resources (forest), western Washington, eastern Washington, Washington
- Timber resource statistics for eastern Washington, 1995.
- Timber resource statistics for nonnational forest land in western Washington, 2001.
- Timber resource statistics for timberland outside National Forests in eastern Oregon.
XML: View XML