Skip to Main Content
The Lymantria dispar nucleopolyhedrovirus contains the capsid-associated p24 protein geneAuthor(s): James M. Slavicek; Nancy Hayes-Plazolles
Source: Virus genes. 26(1): 15-18.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (384.19 KB)
DescriptionDuring the course of investigations on a wild-type strain of Lymantria dispar multinucleocapsid nucleopolyhedrovirus (LdMNPV), a region of the viral genome was analyzed and found to contain 697 bp that is lacking in the sequenced strain (5-6) of LdMNPV (Kuzio et al., Virology 253, 17-34, 1999). The sequenced strain of LdMNPV contains a mutation in the 25 K few polyhedra (FP) gene, and exhibits the phenotype of a FP mutant. The additional sequence was located at approximately 81.4 map units within the viral genome, and was found in 10 different wild-type LdMNPV genotypic variants analyzed. Since the additional sequence was found in all wild- type virus strains analyzed, this sequence should be included in the representative LdMNPV genome. Sequence analysis of the genomic region containing the additional sequences revealed the presence of a homologue of the Autographa californica MNPV capsid-associated p24 gene (OW 129).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSlavicek, James M.; Hayes-Plazolles, Nancy. 2003. The Lymantria dispar nucleopolyhedrovirus contains the capsid-associated p24 protein gene. Virus genes. 26(1): 15-18.
KeywordsAutographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus, baculovirus, capsid-ssociated p24 gene, Lymantria dispar, Lymantria dispar multinucleocapsid nucleopolyhedrovirus
- Geographic isolates of Lymantria dispar multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus: Genome sequence analysis and pathogenicity against European and Asian gypsy moth strains
- A comparison of the adaptations of strains of Lymantria dispar multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus to hosts from spatially isolated populations
- Identification of a Lymantria dispar nucleopolyhedrovirus isolate that does not accumulate few-polyhedra mutants during extended serial passage in cell culture
XML: View XML