Skip to Main Content
Comprehensive database of diameter-based biomass regressions for North American tree speciesAuthor(s): Jennifer C. Jenkins; David C. Chojnacky; Linda S. Heath; Richard A. Birdsey
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-319. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 45 p. [1 CD-ROM].
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (659.34 KB)
DescriptionA database consisting of 2,640 equations compiled from the literature for predicting the biomass of trees and tree components from diameter measurements of species found in North America. Bibliographic information, geographic locations, diameter limits, diameter and biomass units, equation forms, statistical errors, and coefficients are provided for each equation, along with examples of how to use the database. The CD-ROM included with the paper version of this publication contains the complete database (Table 3) in spreadsheet format (Microsoft Excel 2002© with Windows XP©). The database files can also be viewed in both spreadsheet and pdf formats by directing your browser to the Global Change page at http://www.fs.fed.us/ne/global/pubs/books/index.html
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJenkins, Jennifer C.; Chojnacky, David C.; Heath, Linda S.; Birdsey, Richard A. 2004. Comprehensive database of diameter-based biomass regressions for North American tree species. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-319. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 45 p. [1 CD-ROM].
Keywordsallometric equations, biomass, forest, tree components, tree species
- Updated generalized biomass equations for North American tree species
- Allometric equations for estimating tree biomass in restored mixed-species Atlantic Forest stands
- Improving North American forest biomass estimates from literature synthesis and meta-analysis of existing biomass equations
XML: View XML