Skip to Main Content
California's forest products industry: a descriptive analysis.Author(s): Todd A. Morgan; Charles E. Keegan; Thale Dillon; Alfred L. Chase; Jeremy S. Fried; Marc N. Weber
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-615. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 55 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (1.51 MB)
DescriptionThis report traces the flow of California’s 2000 timber harvest through the wood-using industries; provides a description of the structure, operations, and condition of California’s primary forest products industry; and briefly summarizes timber inventory and growth. Historical wood products industry changes are discussed, as well as trends in harvest, production, and sales. Employment and worker earnings in the state’s forest products industry also are examined, and an industry leaders’ assessment of past and future operating conditions is provided.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMorgan, Todd A.; Keegan, Charles E., III; Dillon, Thale; Chase, Alfred L.; Fried, Jeremy S.; Weber, Marc N. 2004. California''s forest products industry: a descriptive analysis. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-615. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 55 p
KeywordsForest products, California, timber harvest, employment, bioenergy
- California’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2006
- California's forest products industry and timber harvest, 2012
- Oregon's forest products industry and timber harvest 2013 with trends through 2014
XML: View XML