Skip to Main Content
Residues of Malathion and Metabolites in and on the Cotton Leaf vs. Toxicity to the Boll WeevilAuthor(s): D.A. Wolfenbarger
Source: In: Beltwide Cotton Conference; 2002 January 08-12; Atlanta. Memphis, TN: National Cotton Council; CD #H152; [Not paged].
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (57 KB)
DescriptionMalathion was applied at 12 and 16 oz [A.l.]/a to cotton near Mercedes, TX, in 1995 and sampled on 0, 2, 4 and 6 d posttreatment to determine residues of malathion, malaoxon, and iso-malathion. Residues were then compared to determine toxicity to boll weevil, Anthonomus grandis Boheman. Residues of malathion comprised 99% of the leaf washes and 100% of the leaf homogenates. Malaoxon was found in one leaf wash sample of a leaf collected on 0 d from cotton sprayed with the low use rate. Iso-malathion was not found in any sample. Residues of 2.43 to 13.63 ppm malathion killed 100% of the weevils on d 0 and 2. Residues of 1.55 to 1.99 ppm killed 89% to 90% of the boll weevils on d 4 and 0.5 to 1.26 ppm killed 72% to 81% of the boll weevils on d 6.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWolfenbarger, D.A. 2002. Residues of Malathion and Metabolites in and on the Cotton Leaf vs. Toxicity to the Boll Weevil. In: Beltwide Cotton Conference; 2002 January 08-12; Atlanta. Memphis, TN: National Cotton Council; CD #H152; [Not paged].
- Enhancement of Transfer of Technical Malathion From Cotton Leaves to Boll Weevils Using Cottonseed Oil
- Efficacy of fipronil aerially applied in oil adjuvants and drift retardants against boll weevils, Anthonomus Grandis Boheman (Coleoptera:Curculionidae)
- Boll weevil (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) bait sticks: Toxicity and malathion content
XML: View XML