Skip to Main Content
Web site access statistics and delivery of research resultsAuthor(s): Daniel L. Schmoldt; Matthew F. Winn; Philip A. Araman
Source: Proceedings, 3rd IUFRO Extension Working Party Symposium -- Extension Forestry: Bridging the Gap Between Research and Application
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (76.42 KB)
DescriptionFor the past 2-1/2 years, our Research Work Unit (RWU) has been operating a Web site (http://www.se4702.forprod.vt.edu). The site became operational in October 1995. In the beginning, it was primarily designed to stake out a piece of the Internet with our name and our RWU’s organizational mission. Quickly, it became apparent to us, however, that our user community could benefit greatly if we increased the content of our site. Since that time, the Web site has continually evolved and expanded as we have seen opportunities to increase and modify services to our clientele. In this report, we provide additional details about our site and electronic publishing, and give some statistics regarding site usage.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchmoldt, Daniel L.; Winn, Matthew F.; Araman, Philip A. 1998. Web site access statistics and delivery of research results. Proceedings, 3rd IUFRO Extension Working Party Symposium -- Extension Forestry: Bridging the Gap Between Research and Application
- Wood Utilization Research Dissemination on the World Wide Web: A Case Study
- The open research system: a web-based metadata and data repository for collaborative research
- Nutrients stimulate leaf breakdown rates and detritivore biomass: bottom-up effects via heterotrophic pathways.
XML: View XML