Skip to Main Content
Innovative and Coordinated Solutions for the Hardwood Industry: The Hardwood Utilization ConsortiumAuthor(s): Philip A. Araman; Cynthia West
Source: Proceedings, 24th Annual Hardwood Symposium. pp. 9-13.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (109 KB)
DescriptionMany varied efforts have been underway to help the hardwood industry make more effective and efficient use of the hardwood resource while meeting market needs. The efforts range from training, extension, utilization and marketing research and development, to educational activities. The activities are disjointed and unorganized and individually struggling to maintain funding. To help overcome these problems we have formed the Hardwood Utilization Consortium. Our role is to improve hardwood resource viability through better utilization, technology, markets, cooperative extension and education in the eastern United States by collaboration to better utilize pooled resources, apply expertise and communicate needs. In this paper, we present the Hardwood Utilization Consortium as an innovative and coordinated solution for the hardwood industry.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationAraman, Philip A.; West, Cynthia. 1996. Innovative and Coordinated Solutions for the Hardwood Industry: The Hardwood Utilization Consortium. Proceedings, 24th Annual Hardwood Symposium. pp. 9-13.
- Low-grade and character-marked hardwoods: A research review and synthesis of solid wood manufacturing and marketing
- California's hardwood resource: history and reasons for lack of a sustained hardwood industry
- An assessment of educational needs in the Alaskan forest products industry.
XML: View XML