Skip to Main Content
Roll splitting as an alternative intermediate process for wood fuelAuthor(s): Paul E. Barnett; Donald L. Sirois
Source: Forest Energy Newsletter; Garpenberg, Sweden: Forest Energy Secretariat, SLU; October 1985. p. 37-38.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (103 KB)
DescriptionIn an effort to develop mobile equipment for harvesting and processing woody biomass from power line rights-of-way and precommerial thinnings, numerous alternative concepts were evaluated by Tennessee Valley Authority's Timber Harvesting Project.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBarnett, Paul E.; Sirois, Donald L. 1985. Roll splitting as an alternative intermediate process for wood fuel. Forest Energy Newsletter; Garpenberg, Sweden: Forest Energy Secretariat, SLU; October 1985. p. 37-38.
- Integration of Biomass Harvesting and Site Preparation
- Harvesting wood for energy.
- Energy trade-offs between intensive biomass utilization, site productivity loss, and ameliorative treatments in loblolly pine plantations
XML: View XML