Experimental Forests and Ranges of the USDA Forest ServiceAuthor(s): Mary Beth Adams; Linda Loughry; Linda, comps Plaugher
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-321 Revised. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 178 p. [CD ROM]
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (3.3 MB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service has an outstanding scientific resource in the 77 Experimental Forests and Ranges that exist across the United States and its territories. These valuable scientific resources incorporate a broad range of climates, forest types, research emphases, and history. This publication, revised in March 2008, describes each of the research sites within the Experimental Forests and Ranges network, providing information about history, climate, vegetation, soils, long-term data bases, research history and research products, as well as identifying collaborative opportunities, and providing contact information.
Note: The 2008 revision is only available online or on CD. Hard copies are only available for the original 2004 publication.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAdams, Mary Beth; Loughry, Linda; Plaugher, Linda, comps. 2008. Experimental Forests and Ranges of the USDA Forest Service. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-321 Revised. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 178 p. [CD ROM]
Keywordsexperimental forests, experimental ranges, research sites, ecosystem research, wildlife research, watershed research, Forest Service history
- Experimental forests and ranges : 100 years of research success stories
- Range management research, Fort Valley Experimental Forest
- Range management research, Fort Valley Experimental Forest (P-53)
XML: View XML