Skip to Main Content
Fuels planning: science synthesis and integration; economic uses fact sheet 05: NEPA and economicsAuthor(s): Rocky Mountain Research Station USDA Forest Service
Source: Res. Note RMRS-RN-20-5. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 2 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (110.0 KB)
DescriptionThe National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) is the law that requires Federal agencies to consider the environmental impacts of their actions, involve the public in the decisionmaking process, and disclose information, starting at the initial stages of planning. This fact sheet discusses when you should consider economics in the NEPA process, when to do an analysis, whether or not to use an economist to conduct the analysis, and other statutes, such as the Clean Air Act, you should be aware of.
Other publications in this series
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationUSDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station 2004. Fuels planning: science synthesis and integration; economic uses fact sheet 05: NEPA and economics. Res. Note RMRS-RN-20-5. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 2 p.
Keywordsfuels planning, fuels management, fire, NEPA
- National environmental policy act disclosure of air quality impacts for prescribed fire projects in national forests in the Pacific Southwest Region
- Environmental and social risks: defensive National Environmental Policy Act in the US Forest Service
- Perceptions of legally mandated public involvement processes in the U.S. Forest Service
XML: View XML