Skip to Main Content
Fuels planning: science synthesis and integration; economic uses fact sheet 06: selection criteria analysisAuthor(s): Rocky Mountain Research Station USDA Forest Service
Source: Res. Note RMRS-RN-20-6. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 2 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (128.0 KB)
DescriptionConfidence in decisionmaking can often come from knowing if others in similar circumstances would choose the same management strategy. Researchers at the USDA FS Pacific Northwest Research Station and the University of Saskatchewan have developed a Selection Criteria Analysis for answering this very question. This fact sheet discusses factors affecting the choice of treatment, such as site characteristics and management objectives; and how the Selection Criteria Analysis balances the factors in the decisionmaking process.
Other publications in this series
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationUSDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 2004. Fuels planning: science synthesis and integration; economic uses fact sheet 06: selection criteria analysis. Res. Note RMRS-RN-20-6. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 2 p.
Keywordsfuels planning, fuels management, fire, Selection Criteria Analysis
- Developing Inventory and Monitoring Programs Based on Multiple Objectives
- Ecosystem service markets 101: supply and demand for nature
- Climate change and forest trees in the Pacific Northwest: guide to vulnerability assessment methodology
XML: View XML