Skip to Main Content
Floristics [Chapter 3]Author(s): J. D. Haines; R. C. Musselman; C. M. Regan
Source: In: Musselman, R. C., technical coordinator. 1992. The Glacier Lakes Ecosystem Experiments Site. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-249. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. p. 15-19.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (494.79 KB)
DescriptionThe initial habitat classification as described in Chapter 2 was conducted in 1986 and 1987 based upon field identification of plant species. A field collection of vascular plant species was made during the 1988, 1989, and 1990 summer seasons. The plant species collected were identified and verified in cooperation with the Rocky Mountain Herbarium at the University of Wyoming. Voucher specimens are archived at the Herbarium. A complete set of voucher specimens (one or more for every terrestrial taxon) is also located at the Rocky Mountain Station's Centennial laboratory for use during the field season. A total of 209 vascular plant species (and 213 vascular plant taxa) were collected and identified in 1988, 1989, and 1990 in the higher elevation area of the GLEES (Lost Lake, West Glacier Lake, and East Glacier Lake watersheds). Only 17 taxa initially field identified in the 1986 and 1987 reconnaissance were not collected in 1988, 1989, and 1990.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaines, J. D.; Musselman, R. C.; Regan, C. M. 1994. Floristics [Chapter 3]. In: Musselman, R. C., technical coordinator. 1992. The Glacier Lakes Ecosystem Experiments Site. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-249. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. p. 15-19.
KeywordsSnowy Range, wilderness, subalpine, krummholz, subalpine fir, Engelmann spruce, geology, floristics, landscape, soils, aquatics, atmosphere, meteorology, hydrology, snow, deposition, watershed, monitoring, air quality
- Appendix A: Vascular Plants of GLEES
- Appendix C: GLEES Macroinvertebrates
- Appendix B: Phytoplankton Species
XML: View XML